Classic GymAware units initially need to be manually paired to the iPad.
Not sure which version you have? Read the article.
For GymAware Classic users, the first time you connect your iPad to the GymAware unit, you need to manually pair it through the iOS Settings page.
This process only needs to be done once ever. Following connections occur within the App.
Follow these steps for Bluetooth pairing of the GymAware Classic and iPad.
Ensure that Bluetooth is ON - Flight mode must be turned off.
- On the iPad: Settings-> Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is ON.
- In this setting, wake up the GymAware by slowly pulling the tether twice.
- The GymAware will beep once.
- The LED will change from orange to green and will start flashing.
- This indicates the GymAware is ready to pair.
- The GymAware name will now appear on the iOS’ Bluetooth device list (this will match the serial number located on the lid of the GymAware or underneath for the older models).
- As this is the first connection between the GymAware and iOS device, the iOS device will prompt you: press Pair.
- When successfully paired, the GymAware unit will beep twice and the green LED will change to a continuous orange LED.
- You must select Pair while the green LED is still flashing or the connection will time out.
You can now return to the home screen on your iPad and launch the GymAware App.
Have you Previously Paired your device?