If you see the Pairing Unsuccessful screen then the PowerTool or iOS device has timed out and gone to sleep.
- First allow the PowerTool to enter sleep mode. You can do this by waiting for the PowerTool to timeout, or by performing a Hard Reset
- The PowerTool will go to sleep when there is no connection from an iOS device and no movement of the tether for 1 minute.
- Sleep mode is indicated by no illumination of the LED. When first entering sleep mode there will be a quadruple beep.
- Next, wake up the PowerTool by pulling the cord once and listening for a beep. The green LED should be flashing.
- Select the PowerTool device from the list again. You need to be quick! Apple has made changes which can affect this process. It should now automatically connect.
- If this doesn’t work, forget the PowerTool device from the device list.
- Once it is forgotten you can pair the device manually and then continue as if it were an initial setup.
- If this doesn’t work, the iOS device will need a complete power down. You can then pair the device manually.
- If that still doesn't work please get in contat with customer service: Office@kinetic.com.au