The PowerTool needs a charge.
If the battery is excessively discharged then it can take up to 1 hr on charge before it stops beeping.
A few things to check:
- When on charge - does the charge LED come on?
- After being on charge for 20 minutes is the charge LED still on?
- After a full charge (5 hrs) the charge Led should turn green.
If its NOT due to a discharged battery then it could be that when at rest the units "wakeup sensor" is being triggered.
In this case:
- extend the tether all the way out of the unit; its full 10 feet and then let it slowly retract (just take 3-4 seconds) to let it retract all the way in.
This should ensure that the tether is evenly spread around the spool. - the green status led should be flashing unless its connected to an iPad in which case the orange Led with be ON.
- Next it is worth trying to slide the silicon tube back down the tether 1/4 of an inch and this will help change the final rest position of the "wakeup sensor"
If the unit is On and you want to shut it down try a soft reset.
The unit should beep and then turn off; if it immediately turns back on again then the wakeup sensor is been triggered at rest.