Does the GymAware PowerTool disconnect or lock out?
With all the changes to the iOS ecosystem even Apple introduces bugs sometimes. When Apple updated their iOS to version 12.1 (If they are on iOS 11.3.5.then its ok they stay there if they prefer) then this caused some Bluetooth connection issues.
In the Bluetooth device list:
- Select the GymAware PowerTool and then FORGET THIS DEVICE in The Bluetooth device list.
- Then in Settings on the iPad - scroll down and then choose RESET
- Next choose RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.
- DELETE the GymAware App and Re-install from the App Store (Ensure you have the latest version of the GymAware App - Ver 2.8)
- Now RESET the iPad by holding the POWER and main home BUTTON down
- Reconnect the iPad to the WiFi network
- If you have a GymAware # <2694 (read below) you will need to go back into Settings and re-pair the device. Otherwise, open the GymAware App and connect as usual.
Did this work? If not, are you aware of the two Bluetooth connection methods. LE and Classic?
Pull the tether to awake the device ... if you then stop pulling it the Green LED should flash and then it's awaiting a manual connection via the bluetooth device list.
Keep pulling the ether then it will go into AUTO-Connect mode and automatically connect to the last used iPad if its availble.
(With this method they always want to use the same iPad with this PowerTool)
Note: if they are using different iPads each time with the GA PowerTool, we recommend - Turning OFF this AUTO-connect and then always using the manual connect method.