Long beeps, lockout or no LED'S try the Battery Jumpstart.
On occasion, and if there has been a prolonged period of non-use, the GymAware PowerTool battery may go to sleep. It does this to protect itself and is easily jump-started.
Symptoms of a sleeping battery are no LEDs illuminating when the tether is pulled, and/or the indicator light when plugged in doesn't change from orange to green even if left overnight.
It is a simple fix which has been outlined below.
- Using the Hex/Allen key, on a flat surface, remove the 4 end cap screws closest to the charging port.
You will now see the foam insert.
- Take out the foam inserts - there will be three; keep these in order.
Note: The second small foam has a groove in the top corner
- Using a delicate pinch grip or tweezers, unplug the battery cable. Grip the two sides of the small white connector and gently unplug
- Count to three
- Plug the battery cable back in.
- The PowerTool should start to beep continuously, LEDs should flicker.
- Re-pack the foam carefully in order whilst ignoring the beeping
- Replace the end cap, and gently tighten the screws
- Put PowerTool on charge and leave for 8hrs until the orange light turns to green.